Monday, September 8, 2014

Eat, Apply, Shop, Repeat

    Today was...easy? relaxed? I don't know. It started around noon so that was nice. I started with a bagel on my way to K-Mart for some home necessities, and passed by a party store that was hiring. Figuring since I still don't have a job, it wouldn't hurt to apply there. I checked out the employees to see if I would get along with them..they seemed alright so I took an application and asked how long before I would hear back and for whom to ask when I was finished. Got some names, kicked some ass, FELT GOOD.
     Now I know 26 is not the ideal age to be asking (begging) for a job at a party store chain, but if there's one thing I've learned in the past two years is that it doesn't hurt to have two jobs and make twice the connections; ESPECIALLY in a new city. Plus hello, discount!
By late afternoon/ early evening I went out just for funsies.. or a smoothie. Maybe there was something to see outside of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week? No, not really. Not at 7 o'clock anyhow. I did however raise my nose to those taking pictures all around the Met. CLEARLY their first time there. Where were they Saturday?
        I proceeded to hunt for an art supply/ craft store. Initially I went to the craft store for supplies to make a neat DIY bracelet. It will look great when it's complete..
PARTY!! J/K. I'm not making that bracelet.
 Noticing how busy they were for a craft store, I decided to ask if they were hiring as well (discounts people!! not to mention again, but I still don't have a job). Of course they were hiring! I took an application, but honestly I haven't filled it out yet. Maybe when I feel more desperate? Maybe tomorrow. 

So yeah today was pretty "beige" although I did experience my first carry-a-bag-of-groceries-30-blocks. NOT A BIG DEAL.


      Tomorrow is another day, another way, and maybe even a dollar will be thrown my way. (In the near future you may see me dressed as a unicorn in Time Square; I'm not even kidding).

No comments:

Post a Comment